If I haven’t answered your question below, feel free to contact me directly

Will I still be in control of my wedding?

Yes, you still have full control when it comes to planning your wedding.  I am there to help and guide you, and to make sure you are getting what you want, and to do the things you only need me to do.

What packages do you offer?

We have a wide range of packages available to suit all Couples, from a one-off consultation to help and guide you in the right directions to a full-service package.

What areas do you service?

The areas of service are Bacchus Marsh, Melton, Taylors Lakes, Melbourne, Berick, Werribee, Geelong, Ballarat, Bendigo, Yarra Vally, Mornington, Warragal, Latrobe Valley, Bairnsdale, Mildura, Albury/Wodonga and Shepparton    

If your area is not listed above, please don’t hesitate to contact me to see if I service your area.

How will we communicate?

The first initial consultation before you book with me needs to be face to face if you are with 40km from where I am. If further than 40km we can use either Skype or video chat or if you are happy with just a phone call that is fine too.

Communication after that can be face to face, email, phone, Skype/video chat.

Why do I need a Contract?

A contract protects us both.
It outlines the work that I will be conducting and gives consent for me to conduct certain duties, along with photo and video release.

If a contract is not signed no work will be carried out.

How will you receive the contract?
You will receive the contract via email and or post.
If you are able to sign digitally then you can do so, or you can sign the contract either in person or if I have mailed it for you to sign, you can mail the signed copy back to me in the return envelope.

How long will contracts be kept?
After the date of termination, the contract will be kept for 3 years.

Payment and payment options.

A 10% non-refundable booking fee must be paid upon signing of the contract to lock your date in.
And the 10% comes off your total price

Some packages may require you to pay 50% of the amount owing halfway through your contracted time and the other 50% must be paid 2 weeks before your wedding date or the date your contract ends.

Others may require you to pay the full amount upfront or before work can be completed.

Payment Plans:
If you will find it easier to manage your payments on a payment plan, then one can be arranged for you.
Your payment plan will be set out in your contract with equal weekly, fortnightly or monthly payments to help you better manage your finances.
If you fall behind on payments, work on your wedding will stop until you catch up on what is owed.

What is travel and accommodation costs?

Travel Costs
This is included in the cost of your package and only applies to couples outside of a 40km radius of Baccus Marsh.
For example, if you live 60km from my office you will only be charged for 20km over the radius.
Any road tolls will also be included in the cost if I have to go through tolls.

If your wedding is in an area where I will not be able to travel safely back home or I need to drive up that day before, accommodation will be charged to you.

This will be an extra cost that is not included in the price at the time your contract is done.
Accommodation must be suitable but does not have to be expensive. And both parties need to agree on the accommodation that will be used as well as the cost.

If I am in an area where I can stay with friends or family, the accommodation cost will not be added.

Do I have to use your preferred suppliers list?

No, you do not have to use my preferred supplier’s list.

My preferred supplier’s list is built up of suppliers and venues that I have worked with in the past.
If you are in an area that either my suppliers do not service or it would be more costly to use my suppliers, I can source other suppliers that would be more appropriate.

Do I get the final say with choosing suppliers and venues?

Yes, if possible I will give your three suppliers from each section of the industry, that I feel would be suited to your needs and to your budget.  Similar to a three quote basis.

You have the final say as to who you would like to work with.

If you do not choose any of those three I will keep giving you a list until you find the right match for your wedding.

What is the Notice of Intended Marriage form?

You are required to complete a Notice of Intended Marriage form and give it to your celebrant, minister or registrar in order to get married.

When do I apply for our Marriage Certificate?

To apply for your marriage certificate in Victoria, you need to go through Birth, Death and Marriages Victoria after your marriage has been registered.

Your celebrant or minister will register your marriage for you after the big day and once that is done you can then apply for your marriage certificate.

For a standard Marriage Certificate, the cost is $32.00 au plus the cost of your postage choice, standard – $1.00 au, registered – $7.30 au, or express – $7.70.

(all price are effective as of the 1st July 2017)

How do I change my last name to my spouse's last name?

If you want your last name changed to your spouses after you are married, and were married in Australia you don’t need to do anything except apply for your marriage certificate, as this will allow you to change your surname on all things such as your drivers’ licence and passport.

You then can take your marriage certificate to the required places in order to change your name.

I create weddings to be loved and remembered, by really understanding my couple’s needs

© 2019 Serenity Wedding Planning

Wedding Planner Checklist

Get a FREE Wedding Planner Checklist

Join the Serenity VIP Club

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest